You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘PitchForks’ category.
Fourteen Defining Characteristics Of Fascism
November 15, 2010 in White Rose
By Dr. Lawrence Britt, Source Free Inquiry.co
Dr. Lawrence Britt has examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes. Britt found 14 defining characteristics common to each:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights – Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of “need.” The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause – The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
4. Supremacy of the Military – Even when there are widespread
domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
5. Rampant Sexism – The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.
6. Controlled Mass Media – Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
7. Obsession with National Security – Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined – Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government’s policies or actions.
9. Corporate Power is Protected – The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed – Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts – Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment – Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
14. Fraudulent Elections – Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
I’d venture having one candidate doing everything he can to get the other candidate elected qualifies as a fraudulent, a manipulated, a sham, election.
From Fred On Everything: A good reason to vote for Trump, a very good reason whatever his other intentions, is that he does not want a war with Russia. Hillary and her elite ventriloquists threaten just that. Note the anti-Russian hysteria coming from her and her remoras…
It is easy to regard countries as suprahuman beings that think and take decisions and do things. Practically speaking, countries consist of a small number of people, usually men, who make decisions for reasons often selfish, pathologically aggressive, pecuniary, delusional, misinformed, or actually psychopathic in the psychiatric sense. \
For example, the invasion of Iraq, a disaster, was pushed by the petroleum lobbies to get the oil, the arms lobbies to get contracts, the Jewish lobbies to get bombs dropped on Israel’s enemies, the imperialists for empire, and the congenitally combative because that is how they think. Do you see anything in the foregoing that would matter to a normal American? These do not add up to a well-conceived policy. Considerations no better drive the desire to fight Russia or to force it to back down.
I note, pointlessly, that probably none of America’s recent martial catastrophes would have occurred if we still had constitutional government. How many congressmen do you think would vote for a declaration of war if they had to tell their voters that they had just launched, for no reason of importance to Americans, an attack on the homeland of a nuclear power?
There are lots of reasons not to vote for Clinton and the suppurating corruption she represents. Not letting her owners play with matches rates high among them.
We dropped the ball, my generation did. We stopped “The War”. Our war. Vietnam. But we didn’t stop War. Nixon resigned, Whoopie! Let’s finish our law degrees and buy million dollar McMansions on the High Desert!
We stopped “The War.” Our war. Vietnam. But didn’t stop War, and we left the machinations in place, notably the Cheney, Rumsfeld, Carlyle collusion and, yes, the Clintons, that have led to the Oligarchic Fascist State we have become.
All we’ve been saying, is give Peace a chance…
Climate change is happening, fools, so put down the Ambien, Prozac, Viagra and Megyn Kelly crotch-shots on Fox Kool-Aid and pull your heads out of your asses because The Earth Just Experienced the Hottest Month on the Books. Period.
Global Warming is World War Three, and we are losing.
Not only are you a clear and present threat to my grandchildren’s survival, but you are less than sufficiently evolved, less than human.
Six billion people on a planet that can barely sustain one.
Do the math…
In comments elsewhere I found this little gem:
Note that Gin and Tacos is of the select few who enjoy space on my blogroll, you should be reading him everyday.
While visiting, I was motivated to break my silence: I have for quite some time now been resigned to a Clinton redux, to The First Woman President in the History of the USA (Foke Yeah!)©™!!!, and out of fatigue and disgust have pretty much turned it all off. I do admit, though, a degree of enjoyment watching the rubes dance the kombutki theater thoroughly convinced they are participant in a decision long standing. It does have its appeal, I’ll give it that. Not unlike Jesus floating down out of the sky on a flying rainbow unicorn with thousands of angelic men on flying rainbow unicorns to carry the faithful off to paradise.
Not that anything has changed, Donald T Dumpf uck will get Hillary Clinton “elected” First Woman President in the History of the USA (Foke Yeah!)©™!!! and there will be more War, more (perhaps not so) cold war with Russia, more ongoing moral and financial support for Israel’s genocide of the indigenous population of Palestine, and more stirring of the various other hornet’s nest of the region; more Corporatism, more when the folks of Hood County Oregon tell Nestle no you’re not going to take our water literally for free and bottle and export it at obscene profit Nestle will smile and say fuck you, yes we will, more when the folks out in Pennsyltucky where my father’s second wife lives say no you’re not going to frack in my back yard the oil companies will smile and say fuck you, yes we will, more when the International Bankers and Insurers tell my ex-father-in-law they are going to take the house he was born and lived in for eighty years to build luxury condos and he says no you’re not going to take the house I was born and have lived in for eighty years and build luxury condos the International Bankers and Insurers will smile and say fuck you, yes we will; and lastly more Environmental Degradation, more carbon pumped into the atmosphere, more plastic in the oceans, more poisons on the land, but which in light of the aforementioned and the degree of obstructionism her administration will experience that will make her predecessor’s tenure look absolutely congenial leaves little room for elaboration. All of which is right there in the Democrat Party platform.
You’re either with us, or against us. It’s not a question. If you don’t know what it means, you should take the time to find out. It’s an important part of history.
Sad, but Sanders has turned out to be little more than an amusing distraction in the grander scheme of things, though an enlightening but alarming study of the democrat id. There was never any question in my mind the Wall Street choice, the media darling “because it’s her turn” Clinton would be the democrat nominee, why else would the Retards run yet another clown against her? That decision has already been made and all of this is naught but kombutki theater to leave the rubes feeling as if they were somehow participant. But the degree with which her surrogates turned on fellow democrat as well as independent Sanders supporters, many though not all young perhaps first time voters who have no stake in the status quo, no stake in more of the same, has been really rather stunning.
They are as drunk on the Ambien, Prozac, Viagra and Megyn Kelly crotch-shots on Fox Kool-Aid as their counterparts the Retards, barely literate bare-footed rubes sprawled drooling Pavlovianly across a “couch” the backseat out of a nineteen and seventy Chevy Suburban blindly following a charismatic “leader” to suicide… dragging the rest of us with them. Skillfully herded to attack all who disagree.
We have to stop doing what we are doing. Now!
Jill Stein 2016
Built upon the rubble, the detritus, resulting from the collision of two continental plates, Cascadia is no more a part of North America than it is “Pacifica”.
It is A Place Apart.
There is nothing east of The Rockies we need.
It has long been my observation that “White Supremacy” is naught but a genetic memory of the time when the earlier, the elder, inhabitants of Northern Europe, the Neanderthal, were over-run and assimilated by dark skinned immigrants from the south.
Seriously, look at these pussies…
Look at those fat asses, fat bellies, fat cheeks, chins and jowls; hairless, pink-skin prone to lesions, boils and burns; weak eyes, weak ears, weaker brains subject to irrational dependencies upon adolescent fairy tales to justify sex with children and keep the bed dry at night, stink like a restaurant grease pit on a hundred degree day all holding on to their little pee-pees like maybe they’re gonna lose it.
I am laughing, at the “superiority”.
Senator Bernie Sanders did.
In fiery speech before the U.S. Senate in 2011, Bernie Sanders declared his “strong opposition” to the “unfettered free trade agreements” with Korea, Columbia, and Panama—agreements that were being pushed for by both President Barack Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Sanders’ current rival for the Democratic nomination.
“Panama is a world leader when it comes to allowing wealthy Americans and large corporations to evade U.S. taxes by stashing their cash in off-shore tax havens,” Sanders stated. “And, the Panama Free Trade Agreement would make this bad situation much worse.”
Each and every year, the wealthy and large corporations evade $100 billion in U.S. taxes through abusive and illegal offshore tax havens in Panama and other countries.
According to Citizens for Tax Justice, “A tax haven . . . has one of three characteristics: It has no income tax or a very low-rate income tax; it has bank secrecy laws; and it has a history of non-cooperation with other countries on exchanging information about tax matters. Panama has all three of those. … They’re probably the worst.”
Mr. President, the trade agreement with Panama would effectively bar the U.S. from cracking down on illegal and abusive offshore tax havens in Panama. In fact, combating tax haven abuse in Panama would be a violation of this free trade agreement, exposing the U.S. to fines from international authorities.
In 2008, the Government Accountability Office said that 17 of the 100 largest American companies were operating a total of 42 subsidiaries in Panama. This free trade agreement would make it easier for the wealthy and large corporations to avoid paying U.S. taxes and it must be defeated. At a time when we have a record-breaking $14.7 trillion national debt and an unsustainable federal deficit, the last thing that we should be doing is making it easier for the wealthiest people and most profitable corporations in this country to avoid paying their fair share in taxes by setting-up offshore tax havens in Panama.
Sanders was in the minority with that view and shortly thereafter the Panama-U.S. Trade Promotion Agreement (TPA) was passed and signed into law, a move that was lauded by Sec. Clinton as an example of the Obama Administration’s commitment to “deepen our economic engagement throughout the world.”
Go ahead, vote Clinton. Vote Republican Lite. And when you’ve lost your job and are homeless you can join me and the rest of the locals in a van down by the river.
This more than a battle of candidates, it is a battle of ideas. Globalization, heralded by the likes of Hillary Clinton, has enabled the richest in society to exploit the system while ordinary working people pick up the tab. This has been going on for decades; as a political family, the Clintons have done nothing about it.
Indeed, they have profited by it.
So, for damn near 48 years, poor whites have done terribly. For forty-eight years, ordinary politicians have promised to do something about it, and nothing has improved.
Do not tell me, or them, that they are “privileged.” Yes, it is better to be poor and white than poor and black, and better to be a poor white man than a poor white woman, but people who are in pain do not react well to some smug, upper-middle-class jerk telling them they are privileged when their lives are clearly terrible.
It is a FACT that working class whites will not see any improvement worth mentioning under any normal politician, including Clinton. They may see an improvement under Trump, they certainly would under Sanders.
They are voting for what they see as their interests, and they are not necessarily wrong. Certainly, Trump is more likely to help than Clinton, as the chance of Clinton helping them is zero. Zip. Nada.
It is insanity to expect poor white males to accept 48 years of decline and not get angry. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to respond to a man who offers them a better life in a way that is different from all the politicians who have failed them in the past.
Trump does not feel or campaign like an ordinary politician. Poor whites read this as: “He might not betray us like all the normal politicians do.”
At the least, it is worth a try.